Bullying, harassment and violence are not acceptable or tolerated by Casting Workbook Services Inc. ("CWB"). All students and "Workers" (which includes both employees and independent contractors of CWB) must be treated in a fair, professional and respectful manner.
2. BULLYING, HARASSMENT AND VIOLENCE
Bullying, harassment and violence can occur in person, by telephone or text, or over the various forms of social media, as either a single severe incident or a pattern of repeated behavior. Bullying, harassment and violence can include the following:
- any conduct or attempted conduct by a person that causes or could cause physical injury to a Worker or student or any statement or behavior that is reasonable for a Worker or student to interpret as a threat to exercise physical force against that Worker or student;
- includes any negative or discriminatory conduct or comment by a person about or towards a Worker or student based on race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, physical or mental disability, marital status or family status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or age of that person, or past history of that person.
- making a sexual solicitation or advance where the person making the solicitation or advance is in a position to confer, grant, or deny a benefit or advancement to the Worker or student or where the person knows or ought reasonably to know that the solicitation or advance is unwelcome;
- any inappropriate conduct or comment by a person toward a Worker or student that the person knew or reasonably ought to have known would cause that Workers or student to be humiliated or intimidated, but excludes any reasonable action taken by an employer or supervisor relating to the management and direction of Workers or students or the place of employment
- visual conduct, such as derogatory posters, cartoons, drawings or gestures, or physical conduct such as blocking normal movement or interference with work
Sexual harassment, like all of the types of harassment listed above, is prohibited. Sexual harassment is of two types:
- Hostile environment sexual harassment includes, but is not limited to, conduct of a sexual nature, including unwelcome jokes, touching, comments, and the like, which unreasonably interferes with a Worker's ability to perform his or her job because of the hostile environment which is created.
- Quid pro quo sexual harassment includes, but is not limited to, the making of unwanted sexual advances and/or requests for sexual favors where either submission to such conduct is made an explicit or implicit term or condition of employment, or an individual’s submission to or rejection of such conduct is used as the basis for employment decisions affecting that individual.
Examples of conduct or comments that might constitute bullying and harassment include:
- verbal aggression or insults,
- threats and demands to submit to sexual or other requests in order to keep one’s job or avoid some other loss, or offer of job benefits in return for sexual favours,
- vandalizing personal belongings,
- inappropriate comments about physical appearance,
- belittling or shaming an individual in private or in front of co-Workers or students,
- practical jokes and spreading malicious rumours or gossiping.
Bullying , harassment and violence DO NOT include the following:
- Expressing differences of opinion;
- Offering constructive feedback, guidance or advice about work-related behavior; or
- Any reasonable action taken by a manager or supervisor relating to the management and direction of Workers or students, (i.e. managing Workers or student’s performance, taking reasonable disciplinary actions, and assigning work).
3. RESPONSIBILITIES OF WORKERS AND STUDENTS
- All Workers and students are required to comply with CWB’s policies and procedures on bullying, harassment and violence and refrain from causing or participating in the bullying or harassment of any Worker or student.
- If any students experience bullying or harassment or where bullying or harassment is observed, those students or bystanders are asked to report any such incidents immediately to CWB.
- To file a complaint, please confidentially email email@example.com. Please include a detailed description of what happened, and CWB will respond within 5 business days. CWB respects your privacy, and will only share your information with your permission or as necessary to conduct an investigation into any incident. CWB will promptly and appropriately facilitate an investigation into any reported incidents of workplace bullying, harassment or violence and will take corrective action in keeping with the severity of the event, in accordance with BC employment standards, which may mean re-education, further training or other disciplinary action up to and including termination. Casting Workbook reserves the right to dismiss any Worker from the platform for violation of CWB's Code of Conduct and Anti-Harassment policies.
4. NO REPRISAL
Regardless of the outcome of a complaint made in good faith, the Worker or student lodging the complaint, as well as anyone providing information, will be protected from any form of reprisal.
- Information about incidents and complaints shall be kept confidential to the extent possible.
- Information obtained about an incident or complaint of workplace harassment and/or workplace violence, including identifying information about any individuals involved, will not be disclosed unless disclosure is necessary to protect Workers or students, investigate the incident, or take corrective action or otherwise as required by law.
- While the investigation is on-going, the Worker or student who has allegedly experienced the workplace harassment or violence, the respondent and any witnesses is asked not discuss the incident or complaint or the investigation with other Workers or students or witnesses. The investigator may discuss the investigation and disclose the incident or complaint-related information only as necessary to conduct the investigation.